Dear customers and partners,
we are more than happy to announce the release of a new major version of just:in - v3.5. You can download the new version here and all customers with a valid maintenance contract can upgrade to this new version.
If you are having any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
From the AJA Release Notes v14.3:
QuickTime components are now legacy and have been removed from the AJA unified desktop software package and thus, are no longer installed by default. If you still wish to obtain and install the QuickTime components, you can find the package under the support section for your AJA product, inside “Software Archive”.
If you want to know, how to work with Growing Files in Avid Media Composer, then please follow this Knowlegdebase Article.
We recommend all just:live and just:play customers using v2.5 or higher and hardware from BlackMagic to update to version 10.11.4 (or higher) of the BMD drivers.
The TOA Support Team
Currently the BMD driver versions 10.10 and higher are not compatible with just:play and just:live. We recommend to download and use Desktop Video 10.9.12 until we can find the problem and fix it.
The TOA Support Team
Dear customers and partners,
we are happy to announce the final release of just:in mac v3.0.1. You can find the final version and release notes here.
- Stability and Speed Improvements: With this version we improved the general stability of our engines and the user interface. The same time we improved the quality of the resulting image using certain formats.
- Singe UI - mixed engine: There is now a single user interface for Mac and Linux based engines and both kinds of engines can be controlled using the same UI. Using Linux engine only it is even possible to control the same engine from several user interfaces concurrently.
- Integrated live:cut: live:cut now is integrated into the just:in user interface and is not a separate application any more even it still requires its own license.
- Three different channel views: In addition to the channel view with and without Inspector there is now a single channel view which has always the Inspector opened.
- Improved Timecode: The Timecode shown for each channel has been improved by adding a transparent background and the use of a new font.
- Improved Audio Bars: The Audio Bars have been reworked completely following a more traditional look and feel. In addition a per track peak indicator has been added.
- Improved readability of Inspector Elements: Using a new font as well as changing the color scheme improved the readability of all Inspector elements. In addition, editable text elements are now highlighted.
- Improved Naming Conventions: Configurable file counters as well as naming conventions which are checked for logical errors improve the flexibility and usability of file naming conventions.
- Scaling of User Interface Elements: The user interface elements now scale automatically depending on the screen size, the size of the window and the number of channels viewed.
- Resizing of the User Interface: The User Interface can now be resized independent of the status of the Inspector.
- Support for H.265/HEVC: Depending on the hardware used for encoding, it is now possible to use H.265/HEVC compression in a MOV container.
- Improved Schedule Mode: You can now choose any available calendar, which is added to the macOS Calendar application on the engine machine as calendar for the schedule mode. Therefore you can use any iCloud, Gmail or other calendar for schedule events for just:in and you are not limited to the local generated calendar any more.
Integrated User Interface: You can now start a live:cut project directly from within the just:in user interface.
Support for additional Editing Systems: You can now save Multi Camera Projects for Premiere Pro 2017 and 2018 as well as Edius.
Support for more Cameras: We raised the maximum number of Cameras supported within a live:cut project from 16 to 24.
Support for Custom Keyboard Shortcuts: There is a new "Keyboard" tab in the preferences which allows to define keyboard shortcuts to switch inside the user interface, if the currently selected input device supports this.
Improved live:cut Settings Handling: Virtually all live:cut settings (markers, keyboard shortcuts, switcher mappings etc.) are now part of the live:cut project. This allows to save different project templates and switch between them.
Dear customers and partners,
we are happy to announce the final release of just:in mac v2.5.1. You can find the final version and release notes here.
To all our customers who own a just:store, just:store mini and/or just:in linux, we are currently rolling out a fix for the current CPU Meltdown bug.
Please submit a ticket to support.toolsonair.com for further instructions.
Requirements are an internet connection to the machine and about 30 minutes of downtimes.
Please be advised that this fix/update will result in roughly 10% loss of performance at this moment in time.
We ask all our customers using solutions from Sonnet to check the compatability of their hardware BEFORE upgrading to macOS High Sierra. Some devices are not compatible and Sonnet is working with Apple to get updated drivers to make them work again. Please check the compatibility here: Sonnet
The Tools On Air support team
- Stability and speed improvements, several bugfixes.
- Support for the play out of movies wrapped into an .mkv container format.
- Extended "Stay Alive" in the Tools On Air System Preferences pane to included "scheduled restarting" of all applications.
- The size of the proxy preview sent from just:out to just:connect and then onto just:live/play can now be defined in just:connect in the channel's format settings.
- With multiple "on-line" channels in just:connect, the proxy previews in just:live/play now function for all channels, not just the currently selected channel in just:connect.
- When reading metadata for the library, a "sidecar" XML file is automatically generated for each file to store the metadata. When the metadata is again requested (e.g. when starting just:play again, or running just:play on a second system), the metadata will be read from this sidecar file instead of the file itself.
- It is now possible to define a "Filler movie" in the "Advanced" tab for a channel in just:connect. Once defined, the filler movie will play in a loop whenever just:out detects that no movie is currently playing on the main video layer.
- Added two additional fields to the "Advanced" tab in just:connect, both related to automatically re-starting just:out under certain conditions.
- For channels using redundancy, if the master engine fails the slave engine will now send all diagnostics (including the proxy preview) to just:connect and then onto just:live/play.Optional failover solution based on an AJA Kumo switcher or a BMD ATEM switch.
Version 2.5 Changes - just:live only
- There is now a complete new control area available in just:live, where the status of the channel's main engine is now displayed with a "traffic light" system for buffer and CPU temperature. Yellow lights mean a warning, while red lights mean something requires immediate attention.
- It is now possible to drag and drop items scheduled in the timeline to re-order them.
- It is now possible to double-click an item or items in the library to add it/them to the currently selected folder on the workbench.
- Start action - This action can be defined like the finished actions and could include a GPI trigger or BMD ATEM commands but maybe also execute on:core workflows.
- New Finished Action option (like the loop) to trigger a workflow or event.
Version 2.5 Changes - just:play only
- Optional just:next to execute the jump to next on several channels with a single mouse click.
- Placeholder clips within a playlist can now be automatically "linked" or updated with a file. To achieve this, ensure that the placeholder's name matches exactly the name of the movie that will be created at some point (including file extension).
- The status of the channel's main engine is now displayed with a "traffic light" system for buffer and CPU temperature. Yellow lights mean a warning, while red lights mean something requires immediate attention.
- Double-clicking an item in the library now adds it to the selected playlist in the workbench.
- A color code can now be used to turn an infinite graphics off. Such a color code can be defined on finder level or within the just:play user interface.
Mouse Over/Exit Preferences: You can now define if the TC Area, the Audio Bars, the Buffer Status and the Toolbar Area are shown or not, if the mouse moves over or exits a Channel Preview window.
Batch Mode: Batch Mode enables customers to control multiple VTR decks within one interface to capture multiple tapes.
Connection Window: The Connection Window allows you to save Channel connections to ease up connecting to Channels.
New Timecode & Channel Name Display: The "t/n" Timecode option displays the Timecode in the top left corner and the Channel name in the top right corner of the Preview. During recording you can also check the elapsed recording time by clicking on the Timecode field.
Multi-Selection of Channel Previews: You can select multiple Channels Previews in the just:in user interface at the same time and then change the Inspector settings for these Channels.
Channel Border Thickness: You can change the border thickness of Channels in the just:in user interface. This helps you to see the state of each Channel easily.
Audio Preview: You can listen to the Audio stream of the incoming Signal to preview the Audio part in addition to the Video preview. It is possible to listen to single tracks but also to turn all Audio Channels on/off with a single mouse click. This is for previewing only and will not replace a hardware device to check the audio quality or AV synchronisation.
Running v12 of Teamviewer and just:out on the same mac causes a CoreAudio related just:out crash every time a user logs in/out. We strongly recommend to use Teamviewer HOST v11 which does not cause this crash and which can be downloaded from here: TeamViewer Host
The TOA Support Team
You can download the interface for our new just:in linux appliance here. Please contact one of our partner or us directly for more information.
There is a new composition:builder v4 available, which can be downloaded from here: