We are thrilled to announce the final release of just:Live/Play v2.5! This version includes and latest and greatest features developed over the past few months, many of of which came right from your requests, the users. This major release includes:
Version 2.5 Changes - just:live & just:play
- Stability and speed improvements, several bugfixes.
- Support for the play out of movies wrapped into an .mkv container format.
- Extended "Stay Alive" in the Tools On Air System Preferences pane to included "scheduled restarting" of all applications.
- The size of the proxy preview sent from just:out to just:connect and then onto just:live/play can now be defined in just:connect in the channel's format settings.
- With multiple "on-line" channels in just:connect, the proxy previews in just:live/play now function for all channels, not just the currently selected channel in just:connect.
- When reading metadata for the library, a "sidecar" XML file is automatically generated for each file to store the metadata. When the metadata is again requested (e.g. when starting just:play again, or running just:play on a second system), the metadata will be read from this sidecar file instead of the file itself.
- It is now possible to define a "Filler movie" in the "Advanced" tab for a channel in just:connect. Once defined, the filler movie will play in a loop whenever just:out detects that no movie is currently playing on the main video layer.
- Added two additional fields to the "Advanced" tab in just:connect, both related to automatically re-starting just:out under certain conditions.
- For channels using redundancy, if the master engine fails the slave engine will now send all diagnostics (including the proxy preview) to just:connect and then onto just:live/play.Optional failover solution based on an AJA Kumo switcher or a BMD ATEM switch.
Version 2.5 Changes - just:live only
- There is now a complete new control area available in just:live, where the status of the channel's main engine is now displayed with a "traffic light" system for buffer and CPU temperature. Yellow lights mean a warning, while red lights mean something requires immediate attention.
- It is now possible to drag and drop items scheduled in the timeline to re-order them.
- It is now possible to double-click an item or items in the library to add it/them to the currently selected folder on the workbench.
- Start action - This action can be defined like the finished actions and could include a GPI trigger or BMD ATEM commands but maybe also execute on:core workflows.
- New Finished Action option (like the loop) to trigger a workflow or event.
Version 2.5 Changes - just:play only
- Optional just:next to execute the jump to next on several channels with a single mouse click.
- Placeholder clips within a playlist can now be automatically "linked" or updated with a file. To achieve this, ensure that the placeholder's name matches exactly the name of the movie that will be created at some point (including file extension).
- The status of the channel's main engine is now displayed with a "traffic light" system for buffer and CPU temperature. Yellow lights mean a warning, while red lights mean something requires immediate attention.
- Double-clicking an item in the library now adds it to the selected playlist in the workbench.
- A color code can now be used to turn an infinite graphics off. Such a color code can be defined on finder level or within the just:play user interface.
Please read the Release Notes for more information.
WARNING: This version requires a NEW activation code and ALL previously generated v2 codes will NOT work. Please contact TOA for new activation codes.
The new versions can be downloaded here: DOWNLOAD