Today we are announcing the release of the new version 3.0 of just:play & just:live to customers who prefer to work with macOS Catalina (10.15) on Intel based Macs.
Full compatibility with macOS Big Sur will be announced as part of an upcoming version once all third-party components will be officially available from the respective vendors. The same applies to the support of Apple Silicon based M1 Macs.
Version 3.0 comes with full SDK support for Blackmagic Design and AJA devices as well as a new unified user interface, namely just:control. UHD playout up to p60 is now supported on qualified Apple hardware using AJA and Blackmagic video devices. Additionally, a lot of attention has been dedicated to usability improvements and stability enhancements that will benefit daily operations.
Our development team is working hard to ensure feature-parity with former versions and we would kindly ask you to get in touch with either Peter or Manuel before proposing version 3.0 to new and especially existing customers.
WARNING: This version requires a valid v3.0 activation code and ALL previously generated v2.x codes will NOT work. Please contact TOA sales team for new activation codes under email@example.com
This software requires Catalina (macOS 10.15.x) and Intel based Macs only!
MacPro5,1 is not supported anymore and this is the last version which support MacMini6,2 and MacMini7,1
AJA / BMD Video Devices: Always use the latest driver release.
Using a device from BMD for play-out you MUST run just:out and just:control on separate machines, otherwise audio dropouts will occur while generating the Poster Frames or while working on Finder level.
Version 3.0 Changes - just:live & just:play
- This version brings official support for macOS Catalina and Big Sur. Please make sure to use AJA driver version 16 or higher and the latest driver version from BMD depending on the video device used.
- We unified the formerly separately available control interfaces into one common application, namely just:control. Whether you‘re using just:live just:play or just:in: all ToolsOnAir applications can now be controlled by using a common user interface.
- There is a Group function available in just:control, which allows tasks like to end a live event (jump to next) or to start/stop a recording to be executed by a single mouse click using the same interface.
- Full SDK support for video devices from AJA and Blackmagic Design provides much deeper integration with the given video devices, which is the foundation for new features and functions like future multi-card and multiple out support on a single machine.
- Support for higher frame rates such as p60 and higher resolutions such as UHD is now possible and thanks to the reduced number of software components used to access the hardware, the stability is further increased and the channels setup vastly improved.
- Many improvements have been added to the user interfaces. It is now possible to open and collapse parts of the interface like the Library and the Inspector using keyboard shortcuts. This also works with the completely new full-size Trim window which now also supports JKL control. Further improvements are the ability to sort media in the Library by every kind of metadata and the configurable timecode and audio bar overlays of the “On Air” and “Coming Next” windows.
- Stability and speed improvements as well as several bugfixes allow to use the just:play interface continuously at full speed without the need to restart just:connect from time to time. And using just:live it is now possible to load approximately 5x more movies into the Workbench compared to v2.x, using the same amount of RAM for caching and pre load.